Guest Teacher Portal
Dear Guest Teacher,
We want to welcome you to our district and express our sincere gratitude to you for your support of our children. Whether this is your first year with SJUSD or your 20th year, you are an important part of our educational endeavors. Every day that you show up to take an assignment, you are touching the lives of students.
We want to share with you some of the aspects of our Guest Teacher Program.
Guest Teacher Workshop: Every year we offer training for our Guest Teachers. This training is similar to that given to our new teachers. This year we offered seven sessions covering a diversity of topics from classroom management to reading instructional strategies. Our goal is to give you those professional tools needed to be a teacher in the classroom.
Guest Teacher Resources: You will find in this page access to many different types of resources. All of the power points and materials reviewed in the Guest Teacher Workshop sessions are available to you. Additionally, you will find resource links, classroom materials and suggested books.
Teacher Permit for Statutory Leave (TPSL): The TPSL certificate is available to guest teachers who complete coursework online through the Riverside County Office of Education (RCOE). With a TPSL a guest teacher can remain in the classroom for longer periods of time. SJUSD will pay the fees for these online classes in order to help you earn a TPSL. Please call our sub desk for more information at (951) 929-7700 x4333.
Differentiated Pay Scale: For teachers who serve in certain capacities, there is a higher pay scale. Those positions include Resident Guest Teachers and Special Education Guest Teachers. If you have any questions about how to become a Resident Guest Teacher, please give us a call.
New Hire Orientation: Every year we hold a New Hire Orientation for our Guest Teachers. We are able to share training opportunities, policies and events with those new to our District.
Guest Teacher Appreciation: We try each year to thank our Guest Teachers with a celebration at the District Office. This is just one small way we try to say “Thank you!”
Thank you for being a part of our school district and our community.
You truly do make a difference every day for our children.
You ARE the San Jacinto Difference
Dr. Sharon Raffiee, Personnel Services
2023-2024 Guest Teacher Workshops:
There are many reasons to attend:
- You will be paid extra duty to attend.
- You will be recognized by the School Board for your efforts if you complete all seven offerings.
- You will have the chance to collaborate with other guest teachers about instruction and methodologies.
- You will gain a new appreciation for your impact with students.
Please consider attending these hour-long sessions to refine your skills as a guest teacher.
Additional Guest Teacher Resources
A Great Guest Teacher Resource:
- Substitute Teacher Handbook (9th Edition) by STEDI
Additional Recommended Resources:
- A Framework for Understanding Poverty by Ruby K. Payne, PH.D. is a great resource for gaining some understanding of the different perspectives of many of our students. It is truly a valuable professional read.
- The Classroom Management Book by Harry K. Wong & Rosemary T. Wong is another great resource for classroom management.
Guest Teacher Contacts:
(aka Sub Caller)