Middle College High School
Why Middle College?
- Obtain college credit while working towards graduation requirements
- Gain college experience, on college campus, with support (through partnership with Mt. San Jacinto College)
- Priority registration
- No course fees
- Complete general education college course requirements that transfer to a 4-year college
- When in full implementation, students have the option of graduating with their HS diploma, IGETC certification and an associates degree
- Savings an average of $30,000 of transferable units
Who Should Attend Middle College?
- Current 8th, 9th, and 10th grade students for 2022-2023 eligibility
- Students who want an early start on their college education
- Students who want a wider selection of classes
- First generation college students
- Students who want an alternative to AP classes (guaranteed college credit)
- Students who want to prepare for their major
- Students who want the potential to graduate with associates or bachelors early (depends on major and college)
- Students who want to save money and time
Disclaimer: Some private or ivy league colleges may not accept college courses while enrolled in high school
Want to Learn More?
Information Meetings (click here for printable flyer)
*Scan QR code to join virtual meetings!
- Town Hall #1 Middle College Information Meeting
November 28, 2022 @ 10:00 AM - Virtual*
November 28, 2022 @ 5:00 PM in SJUSD Board Room - 2045 S. San Jacinto Ave.
- Town Hall #2 Middle College Information Meeting & Updates
January 17, 2023 @ 5:00 PM in SJUSD District Office - 2045 S. San Jacinto Ave.
January 25, 2023 @ 12:00 PM - Virtual*
- Town Hall #3 Drop in Q & A and Submit Commitment Form
February 10, 2023 @ 3:30 PM in San Jacinto High School Library
Submit a Question
Review our Frequently Asked Questions
- Click here to see our FAQs - (this document will be updated regularly)
Review Middle College Presentations